Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Emergency Kits Plus: What to grab, on your way out


I was thinking the other day of what I would prioritize to grab on my way out if my house was to be on fire. Now I think of this once a week or so, mostly due to a tragic fire that burned down two of my neighbors houses and seriously damaged another. It seems as if bad stuff happens in the middle of the night for some reason, this was no exception. Most important is to have a plan, you can read more
here from the National Fire Protection Association.

So on with my list: 1) Get up and get dressed, keep a set of clothes near your bed 2) Get my 95 year old mother in law out 3) Grab my emergency backpack, it has my laptop and medication in it. 4) Save my wheelchair 5) Save my guitars, which one? oh heck grab them all. 5) I've got to have my Ukulele and banjo 6) Oh hey, the tower computer upstairs 7) Dump all this stuff on the levee then 8) Get my mobility scooter out of there. 9) Don't forget the crazy dog 10) All the car keys!
Now to reality, if I attempt to take all that stuff I would need a pickup and trailer to load it all into. Numbers 1-2-3 and finally 9, everything else is replaceable and insured. Grab my backpack, get grandma, put the dog on a leash and Get the heck out! I have convinced myself I have less than one minute to do just the few things I have planned, one minute. My guitar's oh man that would be hard to leave behind, but there are hundreds made every year, I'm sure I would find replacements. My Wheelchair and mobility scooter oh well, there are thousands made every month. I can't think of a thing more important than Grandma, Wife, Dog and me.

I'd like to hear some comments, what would you grab? Do you have a plan? Do you have emergency backpacks set up in convenient spots? I'd like your comments.

Thanks for reading. Jim
emergencykitsplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment